2017 Sweepstakes Dates: August 8th, 2017 – October 31st, 2017.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook. Any third party trademarks appearing in these Official Rules are the property of their respective owners, are used for descriptive purposes only, and do not imply any sponsorship or endorsement of this Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility: The Mystery Sweepstakes (the “Giveaway or Sweepstakes”) is open only to permanent, legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Employees of Madness and Mayhem, LLC, Halloween at Home, and any of their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes or production or distribution of Sweepstakes materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: Halloween at Home, 291 N Fred D Haight Dr #122, Smith River, CA 95567-0122. (“Sponsor”)
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
4. Sweepstakes Timing: “Sweepstakes Submission Period”: The Sweepstakes Period begins on August 8th, 2017 at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on October 31, 2017 at 11:59 PM ET. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Submission Period, you may enter the Sweepstakes by logging on to the Sweepstakes entry page located as the 'Top Post' or 'Pinned Post' on our Facebook page located here: https://www.facebook.com/halloweenathome (the “Entry Page”), completing the entry information. You may enter each Sweepstakes where there is a single Grand Prize; only one-time per individual. Winners of a Grand Prize in any of the sweepstakes are not eligible to enter a future Mystery Sweepstakes where there is a single Grand Prize however they may enter any Instant-Win Games. All Instant-Win Games may be entered only once per 24-hour period.
6. Sweepstakes Winner Determination: Sweepstakes winners will be determined via the following process:
a. Winner: After the conclusion of each Sweepstake, representatives of the Sponsor will select a winner using an automated computerized blind-selection within the Sweepstakes management program by Woobox.com.
The winner of each Sweepstakes will be announced on or before 11:59 AM ET on the day immediately following the end of that specific Sweepstake. Instant-Win games winners will not be announced.
7. Sweepstakes Grand Prizes: A total of ten (10) Grand prizes will be awarded during the Sweepstakes, one for each individual Sweepstake. Limit one Grand Prize per person. Grand Prize will be different each Sweepstake which will be awarded in the form of the prize shipped directly to the winner. Actual Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize ranges from Ten-Dollars to One-Hundred Dollars ($10.00-$100.00).
Total approximate value of all Sweepstakes Prizes is Two Hundred-Fifty Dollars ($250.00) Sweepstakes Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of comparable or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Sponsor may furnish an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 to each Sweepstakes winner reflecting the ARV of his/her prize. Sweepstakes winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
8. Sweepstakes Winner Notification: The potential Sweepstakes Prize winners will be notified by facebook post, and if possible email, and will be required to verify their eligibility and continued compliance with the Official Rules. Depending on prize value the potential Sweepstakes Winners may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability, and (where legal) publicity release, and an IRS W-9 form. Potential Sweepstakes Prize winners will be required to complete and return the aforementioned documents within fourteen (14) days of issuance of these documents. Failure to timely complete and return the properly signed affidavit and releases or other prize documentation, may result in the potential winner being disqualified.
If a potential Sweepstakes Winner cannot be contacted, has blocked e-mail from @halloweenathome.com or fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period, or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. Alternate potential winners will not be selected by Sponsor; instead Sponsor will donate the item to a charity organization of Sponsors choice. If a potential winner chooses to decline a prize for any reason or fails to comply with any requirement of these Official Rules, he/she will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited.
9. For purposes of these Official Rules, a “calendar day” is defined as the twenty-four (24) hour period starting at 12:00 AM ET and ending at 11:59 PM ET.
Entrants using multiple email addresses will be immediately disqualified and forbidden from future entry. Assistance of any kind including mechanical, form filling or other software or robotic or automated assistance with regard to all or any part of the entry process is not allowed, and these entrys will be disqualified. Any evidence of traffic buying, rigging, or exchanging will disqualify the entry. Any individual who, at the sole determination of the Sponsor, abuses the entry process in any way will be disqualified from participating.
Prize winners will first be notified by email, and will be required to provide a valid street mailing address to ship their prize, along with continued compliance with the Official Rules. Upon verification of eligibility, winners will be mailed their prizes by carrier of Sponsors choice. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize for one of comparable or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Entry includes free susbcription to Halloween at Home newsletter however an entrant is free to unsubscribe to newsletter at anytime without invalidating their entry.
10. Additional Winner Requirements: Receiving a Prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Any winner of a Grand Prize, or Instant-Win Prize is a “Winner” under these Official Rules. Acceptance of any Prize shall constitute and signify Winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use Winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Photo and/or prize information in connection with the Sweepstakes and promotion thereof, on a worldwide basis, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law. Winners will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these Official Rules.
11. Release: By receipt of any Prize, the Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Halloween at Home, Madness and Mayhem, LLC. and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize (including any travel related thereto).
12. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Limitations Of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. Sponsor and its parent company are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical/other error in entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest.
14. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in the courts of Crescent City, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
16. Winner List: To view the contest winners, please visit the our website http://www.halloweenathome.com/winners-list.html after the Sweepstakes has ended. The list of winners will be posted after winner verification is complete.
© 2017 Madness and Mayhem, LLC. and Halloween at Home. All Rights Reserved.